EVENTS WE HOST
In order to make these events happen we need your help! Our goal is to provide every child in care with new and unused gifts and/or gift cards. We truly believe that with the support of the community, we can make a difference in these children’s lives. Please donate to help us make these events memorable for all foster children in Clark County.
Angel Tree 2021
Our annual Angel Tree Holiday celebration for Clark County children in foster care is a long-standing memorable event. Angel Tree is a huge celebration for the children in foster care in Southern Nevada. On December 11th, 2021, the CASA Foundation of Las Vegas along with our community partners and the Department of Family Services was able to give a total of $150,000 worth of toys and gift cards to approximately 3,000 children in foster care. We will continue to host this memorable event for all children in foster care in Clark County.
How You Can be a Part of this Event in 2022
- Commit to filling children’s Wish Lists and help make that wish come true! We just ask you to commit to a minimum of $50 per wish list ($50-$60 range per child). Contact 702.588.2272 for details.
- Commit to hosting or sponsoring a Toy Drive at your business and/or share the QR codes for Angel Tree. We will provide the box and poster, all you do is get your generous friends, employees, company or the general public, to know you have been sponsoring an Angel Tree Toy Drive.
What kind of toys?
• New, unwrapped and ranging from $10 – $30 each
• In need of infant and toddler toys
• Also need boys 9-12 age range
• Games, action figures, balls are always great!
• Baby activity toys are a plus!
• Educational, technology-based toys
- Need more toy ideas? Visit our Smile Amazon gift list(make a hyperlink to Amazon Smile Toy Page). While you’re there, sign up to have the CASA Foundation of Las Vegas as your designated Smile Amazon charity!
- Donate directly to the Angel Tree Fund. All teens (13-18) receive a $50 gift card and we always need to purchase last minute items to make sure all kids in care receive gifts for the holiday. Your generous donation will make sure that happens.
- Contact information: 702-588-2272 | Information@cflv.org
Children in foster care face challenges that most adults would never know. Yet, with support and encouragement, our foster children can overcome great odds. We believe they should be celebrated for their accomplishments. So each year we host a graduation party for these foster children who have achieved high school graduation. At this celebration, we provide these foster youth with dinner, entertainment, gift cards, and personal items to help them begin their next phase in life. In 2021, the CASA Foundation was able to distribute a total of $24,000 in gift cards plus additional items to over 80 foster youth who miraculously made it to high school graduation despite all the obstacles in their path.
Back to School
Every August, before school starts, the CASA Foundation of Las Vegas along with community partners provide and collect donations for foster children returning to school. For the past 8 years, the CASA Foundation has partnered with Square Salon to host this amazing event for all foster children in Clark County. Square Salon offers professional haircuts and manicures for all children attending. Each child also receives a new pair of brand-named shoes, a new backpack loaded with school supplies, and more. In 2021, The CASA Foundation along with our community partners were able to provide for more than 2,000 children in foster care for this event.
This year, we look forward to hosting our annual Back to School event with our long-time community partner, Square Salon. This memorable event includes food, entertainment, carnival games, and more!
History of the Children's Foundation of Las Vegas
Up until 2022, The Children's Foundation of Las Vegas, formerly known as the CASA Foundation, was established in 1983. Our mission is to identify and fund the unmet needs of abused and neglected children who are in or have been in foster care in Clark County, NV. New Name, Same Heart.