OUR HISTORY SUPPORTING THE CASA PROGRAM
How the CASA Foundation Supported the CASA Program
The CASA Foundation of Las Vegas worked in a partnership with the Eighth Judicial District Court-CASA Program to support and promote the recruitment, training, retention, and recognition of CASA volunteers in the following ways:
- Helped increase community awareness of the mission of the CASA Program.
- Promoted and funded marketing & public relations campaigns.
- Sponsored monthly retention events for CASA volunteers.
- Sponsored an annual retreat and recognition ceremony.
- Provided support and funding for volunteers to participate in local and statewide trainings, as well as to attend the annual National CASA/GAL Conference.
- Built collaborative and strategic partnerships in the local community.
- Provided funding for items needed for recruitment, training, retention, and recognition activities.
The mission of the Children’s Foundation of Las Vegas is to provide unmet needs for children who are or have been in foster care in Clark County, Nevada.
History of the Children's Foundation of Las Vegas
Up until 2022, The Children's Foundation of Las Vegas, formerly known as the CASA Foundation, was established in 1983. Our mission is to identify and fund the unmet needs of abused and neglected children who are in or have been in foster care in Clark County, NV. New Name, Same Heart.